Busta Rhymes. Timbaland. MOP. The Neptunes. All heavyweights in the world of Hip hop. All with worldwide success for over the last decade in music. So for a British underground individual to be compared to such pioneers has to have something special. Something beyond the average stereotypical form we see in today's musical acts. Especially in Hip hop. So let me introduce you 'him'. That 'him' being Madman the Greatest.
For many, many years, the Birmingham beat maker / recording artist has been pushing for sound perfection. The perfect tone on a perfect beat with his idea of a perfect sound. After so many trails and errors, that wish (he feels) has been fulfilled. With nothing more than a very tight budget, very small studio and a very big ambition, he has taken his musical skills to another level.
From the moment you hear his records; you know that his whole direction is unparallel to the average British record. If most artists are leftfield, Madman the greatest is certainly moving to the right! With 100% creative control over his recordings, he brings everything he can out of himself to make what he expresses "...a song with clarity that can remain standing during the test of time..." Orchestral strings, heavy sub low bass lines & chopped drums make up his trademark sounds. Influenced by many other genres like classical, neo soul, latin, electro, dub step, dancehall, reggae and anything club orientated, he lives to draw you into his world: Not only by his compositions but also as a lyricist.
Sometimes outweighed by his beats, his lyrical content and vocal performances are far from basic. Often misconceived as an American artist, Madman the Greatest delivers a vocal clarity with strength which gives him a distinctive style and tone seen in British artists like Wiley, Dizzee Rascal & Roots Manuvre. Behind his words, you can hear the passion and heart of a fighter whose mind is out for championship. Never leaving his audience with an inch of doubt, he always ensures his listeners this is what he wants.
With energetic performances, heavy beats and an undeniable distinctive presence, you will either instantly love him or absolutely hate him.
- First production album “The Birth” sold 300,000 copies in Japan (1998)
- 13th place as Best Unsigned Artist at MOBO Awards (1998 & 1999)
- Finalist at Fly, Fresh & Phat competition judged by Pete Waterman (1999)
- First UK release “Take over the World” (2000)
- Supported Phi Life Cipher at the Canal Club, Wolverhampton (2001)
- Produced album for Cecil Foster, Stars in your eyes finalist as Luther Vandross entitled About time(2002)
- Video Airplay of “Get your hands up” single on Channel U (2003)
- Release “Hardkaur Diss No II: The Facts” became Top 10 hit on underground stations (2003)
- Supported Estelle & Kelly Llorena at Club Deep, Dudley (2004)
- Performace at Godiva festival (2007)
- Cecil Fosters “If she could be mine” & Madman the greatest “Get it right” played on Galaxy Network (2006/2007)
- Accumilated over 50,000 downloads within 6 months (Mininova) (2008)
- Main artist at Drop Beats Not Bombs (2008)
- Crowned #70 most veiwed musician on youtube.com (2008)
- Resident Mc at Scratch Club, Birmingham (2008)
- Performance at Soweto Kinch’s Live Box / Freestyle winner (2008)
- Performance at Artsfest. (2008)
- Support act for Dj QBert at Rainbow Warehouse, Birmingham. (2008)
- Performance at Artsfest, Victoria Stage, Birmingham (2009)
- Lady Gaga - Lovegame remix reaches 25,000 downloads (2009)
- Performance at No8 Chambers Barristers Christmas Party, Hotel Du Vin (2009)
- Number 10 in the Masspool Hip hop charts with "Madman the Greatest - Dirty Qwerty (2013)
- Currently accumilated 500,000 downloads (2013)
- R U Crazy appears in Eastenders (EP 18/10/2013)